- RT @tyFirefighters: EMT students saves man at Wal-mart. He demonstrates exactly how he saved his life. is.gd/DCtuvk| 10 hours ago
- RT @PGFD_Chief: Today marks the end of the 3rd year of County Executive Bakers administration. I am honored 2 have led PGFD 4 duration - h…| 10 hours ago
- fb.me/2yzVGxKyF| 15 hours ago
- fb.me/1Pv1RSSlO| 22 hours ago
- First female firefighter in Lackawanna history proves worth fb.me/2kVMu5Eiu| 23 hours ago
- fb.me/36O427Syq| 23 hours ago
- fb.me/1bYElLX28| 3 days ago
- fb.me/1uxwEOvan| 3 days ago
- fb.me/1u1sYmMoZ| 4 days ago
- RuntotheCurb.com kids turn 60 - years of service!... fb.me/MbEcf3tF| 4 days ago
Tremendous loss of a talented storyteller
November 9, 2011Posted by on
Today, as we mourn the loss of fire service and journalistic leader Hal Bruno, it’s important to remember what an important part he was of our fire service, our communities and our world.
His depiction of the 1958 Our Lady of the Angels School fire that claimed 95 innocent lives is a classic example of his impact on our industry and the news world.
Rest in peace fine sir. You will be sorely missed but your contributions live on.
- Eyewitness to Tragedy: 50 Years Ago, A Nation Mourned Its Children:
- National Fallen Firefighters Foundation Statement on the loss of Hal Bruno: http://www.firehero.org/news/2011/bruno.html
- Hal Bruno talks about the mission of the NFFF: