- RT @markpoloncarz: Congrats @Tiger15032 & Greg Butcher of @ErieCountyESU & Pat Baskerville of @ErieCountyDPW! Honored for storm response ht…| 2 weeks ago
- 15 Years of Fire Suppression: ow.ly/ChOZN @Tiger15032| 2 months ago
- An unforgettable emotional roller coaster story for this firefighter family: ow.ly/C5Xj7 #MW2014 #HeroTribute @NFFF_News| 2 months ago
- Would've loved to have met her firefighter son. Sounded like a real character: ow.ly/C5WEs #MW2014 #HeroTribute| 2 months ago
- Would've loved to have met her firefighter son. Sounded like a real character: ow.ly/C5XML #MW2014 #HeroTribute @NFFF_News| 2 months ago
- Clarence Center Volunteer Fire Chief Dave Case testifies on crash of Continental Flight 3407 on 2/12/2009: ow.ly/C7nbI #3407| 2 months ago
- Laugh if you must. I did! youtu.be/VYR76oknNqQ #gladnobodygothurt| 2 months ago
- "Treat every public interaction as a public service, public education, public relations and recruitment opportunity."---@FireRECRUITER...| 2 months ago
- Gift Roger gave us left us speechless: Hold Fr. Mychal Judge's Badge- ow.ly/C5Wfw #MW2014 #HeroTribute| 2 months ago
- The connections between these two ladies I had the honor of interviewing are amazing: ow.ly/C5PTq #MW2014 #HeroTribute| 2 months ago
Tremendous loss of a talented storyteller
November 9, 2011Posted by on
Today, as we mourn the loss of fire service and journalistic leader Hal Bruno, it’s important to remember what an important part he was of our fire service, our communities and our world.
His depiction of the 1958 Our Lady of the Angels School fire that claimed 95 innocent lives is a classic example of his impact on our industry and the news world.
Rest in peace fine sir. You will be sorely missed but your contributions live on.
- Eyewitness to Tragedy: 50 Years Ago, A Nation Mourned Its Children:
- National Fallen Firefighters Foundation Statement on the loss of Hal Bruno: http://www.firehero.org/news/2011/bruno.html
- Hal Bruno talks about the mission of the NFFF: