- Happy Mother's Day to every mother of a Run-to-the-Curb kid!| 1 week ago
- RT @FirehouseNews: "Hot Shots," a 100 page book of fire photos by Firehouse is almost out. Order by May 31 for only $11.99 http://t.co/4wbT…| 2 weeks ago
- Here's Bryan Sypniewski's Run-to-the-Curb Story: Here is my story: My grandfather and my uncle were both members... fb.me/KXUaFP8K| 3 weeks ago
- RuntotheCurb kid in the making! Thanks to Armor Volunteer Fire Company in Hamburg NY for sharing this image... fb.me/25J0SkYAi| 3 weeks ago
- RuntotheCurb Kids Take the Heat at Cornell University:... fb.me/1AN2kLdXf| 3 weeks ago
- A heart warming story of a RuntotheCurb kid:... fb.me/1DRuIPUBM| 3 weeks ago
- Creating RuntotheCurb kids one at a time!... fb.me/15ksUWmeC| 3 weeks ago
- RT @Tiger15032: It's not a job. It's a lifestyle. fb.me/1ELjOYcGG| 4 weeks ago
- RT @Tiger15032: "It's a major award!" -- I was expecting a leg lamp (lol) but instead received a very nicely etched glass book as... http:/…| 4 weeks ago
- RT @Tiger15032: If you look close, you might just find my name listed under the Editorial Board. Sign up for FREE!!!! http://t.co/XOzRUbEo…| 4 weeks ago
Tag Archives: tradtions training
October 27, 2010Posted by on
By: Nicholas Martin – for www.runtothecurb.com
Firefighter – Washington DC Fire & EMS and Run-to-the-Curb type kid
Download, Print and Distribute the Complete Story:
Run To The Curb-NickMartin
I started as a volunteer when I was 14 years old in my hometown of Swarthmore, PA (just outside Philadelphia). My older brother was a volunteer and I used to hang-out at the firehouse all the time from when I was as young as I can remember. Before I could even join, I used to run up to the firehouse to open the doors when they got a run. We lived minutes from the city and my Dad would take me into Philly on the weekends to buff fires.
A few years before I joined, my older brother left the house to respond to an apartment fire at 52 South Morton Road. From listening on my crystal-based scanner I could tell it was a “good” fire. My mother was curious too and she came to my room to see what was going on. Learning it was a serious fire, she drove us to watch the fire (and check-up on my brother). Read more of this post
October 15, 2010Posted by on
Nick Martin has served as a career/volunteer firefighter in Pennsylvania, Maryland, and Virginia; and currently serves in the District of Columbia.
He is a frequent presenter and trainer with www.tradtionstraining.com and is an author of articles dedicated to making us better and safer at what we do.
Join Nick and Tiger on Firefighter Storytellers on the FirefighterNetcast.com Radio Network at 9pm on Thursday-October 14, 2010.
And check back soon after the show for Nick Martin’s complete story aptly titled: “Chasing Fire.” Read more of this post