- RT @Tiger15032: Nice to know that when @Clayunplugged appreciates a firefighter, he thinks of me. That means a lot. He's definitely a @Runt…| 4 months ago
- RT @GaryRyman: "The plot burns deep into the rubble of the firefighter's heart.." says @Tiger15032 @RuntotheCurb amazon.com/Fire-His-Bones…| 4 months ago
- I've interviewed most of their moms for @NFFF_News HeroTribute project: Strong women. Sad stories. twitter.com/BillyGoldfeder…| 4 months ago
- RT @firefighternews: Fire survivor thanks Utica firefighter rescuers - MyWebTimes.com dlvr.it/PHhMjs https://t.co/eZvYYCU…| 4 months ago
- Why We Should All Want to be a Fireman runtothecurb.wordpress.com/2017/06/01/why…| 4 months ago
- Dad’s Sidekick: Chief Brian Taylor runtothecurb.wordpress.com/2017/05/05/dad… https://t.co/aJoKc4jOzD| 5 months ago
- RT @GaryRyman: Fire In His Bones is out. Thx to @ChiefRubin & @Tiger15032 for comments. amazon.com/Fire-His-Bones… Get your copy today!| 11 months ago
- RT @GaryRyman: "The plot burns deep into the rubble of the firefighter's heart.." says @Tiger15032 Get yours today. amazon.com/Fire-His-Bones…| 11 months ago
- RT @BillyGoldfeder: FIGHT CANCER TUESDAY @FDIC. 2 GREAT EVENTS @FCSNnational @FFCancer @BobbyHalton @fireengineering @TheSecretList https:/…| 1 year ago
- I hope my firefighter friends can join me for a cone and a conversation tomorrow afternoon. @FFCancer #FDIC2016 ow.ly/d/4ESh| 1 year ago
The Story of a True Serviceman
November 10, 2010Posted by on
Dan Frontera grew up in the suburbs of Buffalo, NY in a family where community service was simply a way of life. His Dad was a Veteran along with most of his uncles. Both his Dad and one of his uncles were volunteer firemen too.
Dan grew up to be both a soldier and a firefighter. Tune in to Firefighter Storytellers at 9pm EST on Thursday-November 11, 2010 to hear Dan’s story as he and Tiger Schmittendorf celebrate the contributions of all service men and women in a special Veterans Day tribute.
Listen in, call in, download and follow Dan on his journey from Run-to-the-Curb kid to “Citizen. Soldier. Firefighter.”
Firefighter Storytellers is designed simply to facilitate kitchen table type discussions between firefighters. “Storytellers” is an open-format radio show in which listeners are encouraged to call in with their own stories of what brought them to the fire service, what’s made the experience memorable for them, and to share their insight as to what keeps them going day-in and day-out, serving in our business of delivering emergency services to our communities.
Listen in via the Internet, listen and/or participate by calling in, and join in the live chat that takes place amongst listeners while the show is going on. In case you miss the live show, you can even download the recording after the fact on FirefighterNetcast and iTunes too. It’s free, it’s fun and it’s easy.