- RT @Tiger15032: Nice to know that when @Clayunplugged appreciates a firefighter, he thinks of me. That means a lot. He's definitely a @Runt…| 4 months ago
- RT @GaryRyman: "The plot burns deep into the rubble of the firefighter's heart.." says @Tiger15032 @RuntotheCurb amazon.com/Fire-His-Bones…| 4 months ago
- I've interviewed most of their moms for @NFFF_News HeroTribute project: Strong women. Sad stories. twitter.com/BillyGoldfeder…| 4 months ago
- RT @firefighternews: Fire survivor thanks Utica firefighter rescuers - MyWebTimes.com dlvr.it/PHhMjs https://t.co/eZvYYCU…| 4 months ago
- Why We Should All Want to be a Fireman runtothecurb.wordpress.com/2017/06/01/why…| 4 months ago
- Dad’s Sidekick: Chief Brian Taylor runtothecurb.wordpress.com/2017/05/05/dad… https://t.co/aJoKc4jOzD| 5 months ago
- RT @GaryRyman: Fire In His Bones is out. Thx to @ChiefRubin & @Tiger15032 for comments. amazon.com/Fire-His-Bones… Get your copy today!| 11 months ago
- RT @GaryRyman: "The plot burns deep into the rubble of the firefighter's heart.." says @Tiger15032 Get yours today. amazon.com/Fire-His-Bones…| 11 months ago
- RT @BillyGoldfeder: FIGHT CANCER TUESDAY @FDIC. 2 GREAT EVENTS @FCSNnational @FFCancer @BobbyHalton @fireengineering @TheSecretList https:/…| 1 year ago
- I hope my firefighter friends can join me for a cone and a conversation tomorrow afternoon. @FFCancer #FDIC2016 ow.ly/d/4ESh| 1 year ago
Duracell Storing Powerful Firefighter Stories
February 9, 2011Posted by on
By now, you’ve certainly heard – and possibly even seen – the buzz around the NVFC partnership with Duracell and the launch of the “Power Those Who Protect Us” battery donation program to bring attention to the needs of the volunteer fire service in local communities across America.
As the recently launched website states: “Volunteer firefighters devote their time to protect you and your community. Duracell’s “Power Those Who Protect Us” donation program lets you give back to these selfless heroes. “
Here’s how it works:
When you purchase specially marked CopperTop packs, Duracell makes a battery donation to volunteer fire departments to power communication devices and life-saving equipment. Each pack you buy contains a unique code, which you can enter to direct your battery donation to a volunteer fire department of your choice.
But here’s where I see the real power in this program. Relating this to Run-to-the-Curb and Firefighter Storytellers, Duracell is storing and sharing powerful stories of the selfless dedication and service of volunteer firefighters and fire departments at the web site specially designed to promote the program.
What a great concept! As we’ve exclaimed before: Every Firefighter Has a Story!
Run-to-the-Curb: Tell your story.
Links in this article: