- Dad’s Sidekick: Chief Brian Taylor runtothecurb.wordpress.com/2017/05/05/dad… https://t.co/aJoKc4jOzD| 3 weeks ago
- RT @GaryRyman: Fire In His Bones is out. Thx to @ChiefRubin & @Tiger15032 for comments. amazon.com/Fire-His-Bones… Get your copy today!| 6 months ago
- RT @GaryRyman: "The plot burns deep into the rubble of the firefighter's heart.." says @Tiger15032 Get yours today. amazon.com/Fire-His-Bones…| 6 months ago
- RT @BillyGoldfeder: FIGHT CANCER TUESDAY @FDIC. 2 GREAT EVENTS @FCSNnational @FFCancer @BobbyHalton @fireengineering @TheSecretList https:/…| 1 year ago
- I hope my firefighter friends can join me for a cone and a conversation tomorrow afternoon. @FFCancer #FDIC2016 ow.ly/d/4ESh| 1 year ago
- If never seen my #FromXboxtoBoxAlarm intro video or want to share with friend who wants to catch my act: ow.ly/ZSqdg #FDIC2016| 1 year ago
- Happy Valentines Day. For Laurie and I, it was “Love at first fire!” runtothecurb.wordpress.com/2012/06/29/lov…| 1 year ago
- Stay safe. Train often. Collect the whole set! tigerschmittendorf.com/by-definition/| 1 year ago
- RT @AJGeorgefire: Everything Photography is out! paper.li/AJGeorgefire/1… Stories via @RuntotheCurb @PreparedBC @TTCombatReady| 1 year ago
- There ain't no livin' like a live-in firefighter @Brightonfd: ow.ly/WSn84| 1 year ago
News Article Offers Insight into Interesting Lives of Volunteer Firefighters
December 16, 2013Posted by on
Buffalo News Feature Reporter Ann Neville — a volunteer firefighter herself — shares her keen insight into the interesting and interrupted lifestyles that come with being a volunteer firefighter in this two-page feature published on Sunday-December 15, 2013.
We often say that life in the fire service is not a job — it’s a lifestyle — and a very interrupted lifestyle at that. But, the next time the siren sounds we’re ready to run out the door: clothes, keys and equipment in hand; leaving our loved ones behind in a warm bed, at the dinner table, or just as we were all ready to walk out the door for a family gathering.
You see, it’s our families that make the real sacrifices. Every time the siren sounds — or our pager beeps — it’s another opportunity to go do what we love to do. That’s life in the volunteer fire service and we feel proud and blessed to be a part of it.
Download the PDF: 131215 Buffalo News-Quirky Volunteers
Re-published at FirefightersWorldwide.com:
Relevant Fire Engineering Magazine Article on Brotherhood in the Fire Service: