- The Fire Service Sales Advantage runtothecurb.wordpress.com/2017/11/27/the… https://t.co/VAKNvMYMu1| 2 months ago
- RT @Tiger15032: Nice to know that when @Clayunplugged appreciates a firefighter, he thinks of me. That means a lot. He's definitely a @Runt…| 8 months ago
- RT @GaryRyman: "The plot burns deep into the rubble of the firefighter's heart.." says @Tiger15032 @RuntotheCurb amazon.com/Fire-His-Bones…| 8 months ago
- I've interviewed most of their moms for @NFFF_News HeroTribute project: Strong women. Sad stories. twitter.com/BillyGoldfeder…| 8 months ago
- RT @firefighternews: Fire survivor thanks Utica firefighter rescuers - MyWebTimes.com dlvr.it/PHhMjs https://t.co/eZvYYCU…| 8 months ago
- Why We Should All Want to be a Fireman runtothecurb.wordpress.com/2017/06/01/why…| 8 months ago
- Dad’s Sidekick: Chief Brian Taylor runtothecurb.wordpress.com/2017/05/05/dad… https://t.co/aJoKc4jOzD| 9 months ago
- RT @GaryRyman: Fire In His Bones is out. Thx to @ChiefRubin & @Tiger15032 for comments. amazon.com/Fire-His-Bones… Get your copy today!| 1 year ago
- RT @GaryRyman: "The plot burns deep into the rubble of the firefighter's heart.." says @Tiger15032 Get yours today. amazon.com/Fire-His-Bones…| 1 year ago
- RT @BillyGoldfeder: FIGHT CANCER TUESDAY @FDIC. 2 GREAT EVENTS @FCSNnational @FFCancer @BobbyHalton @fireengineering @TheSecretList https:/…| 1 year ago
News Article Offers Insight into Interesting Lives of Volunteer Firefighters
December 16, 2013Posted by on
Buffalo News Feature Reporter Ann Neville — a volunteer firefighter herself — shares her keen insight into the interesting and interrupted lifestyles that come with being a volunteer firefighter in this two-page feature published on Sunday-December 15, 2013.
We often say that life in the fire service is not a job — it’s a lifestyle — and a very interrupted lifestyle at that. But, the next time the siren sounds we’re ready to run out the door: clothes, keys and equipment in hand; leaving our loved ones behind in a warm bed, at the dinner table, or just as we were all ready to walk out the door for a family gathering.
You see, it’s our families that make the real sacrifices. Every time the siren sounds — or our pager beeps — it’s another opportunity to go do what we love to do. That’s life in the volunteer fire service and we feel proud and blessed to be a part of it.
Download the PDF: 131215 Buffalo News-Quirky Volunteers
Re-published at FirefightersWorldwide.com:
Relevant Fire Engineering Magazine Article on Brotherhood in the Fire Service: