- Join me for this @FireRecruiter Boot Camp in Syracuse NY-April 14, 2018 at Belgium-Cold Springs! @FirstArriving https://t.co/ysbVxxDgnL| 3 years ago
- 100 Y/O Woman recalls Volunteer Firefighting Experience! ow.ly/DAmr30j243P| 3 years ago
- Join @BobbyHalton and I at 8am-Tuesday-April 24 at @FDIC 2018 for my 4-hour pre-conference workshop: Create the Cal… twitter.com/i/web/status/9…| 3 years ago
- The Fire Service Sales Advantage runtothecurb.wordpress.com/2017/11/27/the… https://t.co/VAKNvMYMu1| 3 years ago
- RT @Tiger15032: Nice to know that when @Clayunplugged appreciates a firefighter, he thinks of me. That means a lot. He's definitely a @Runt…| 4 years ago
- RT @GaryRyman: "The plot burns deep into the rubble of the firefighter's heart.." says @Tiger15032 @RuntotheCurb amazon.com/Fire-His-Bones…| 4 years ago
- I've interviewed most of their moms for @NFFF_News HeroTribute project: Strong women. Sad stories. twitter.com/BillyGoldfeder…| 4 years ago
- RT @firefighternews: Fire survivor thanks Utica firefighter rescuers - MyWebTimes.com dlvr.it/PHhMjs https://t.co/eZvYYCU…| 4 years ago
- Why We Should All Want to be a Fireman runtothecurb.wordpress.com/2017/06/01/why…| 4 years ago
- Dad’s Sidekick: Chief Brian Taylor runtothecurb.wordpress.com/2017/05/05/dad… https://t.co/aJoKc4jOzD| 4 years ago
Category Archives: DISCUSSIONS
May 20, 2010Posted by on
There’s a discussion going on over at FirefighterNation.com that asks the question: “How’d you get involved?”
Although it was started by a Junior Firefighter asking other Juniors what sparked them to join the fire service, several adults are chiming in too. It’s fun to watch these discussions evolve.
What’s going to be even more fun will be to see how these Juniors’ stories end up 10, 20 or more years from now.
Run to the Curb. Get in the discussion at: http://www.firefighternation.com/forum/topics/howd-you-get-involved
April 27, 2010Posted by on
I had the tremendous opportunity to meet Janet Wilmoth at FDIC last week and was suddenly reminded of what started me down this path of stressing the importance of storytelling in today’s fire service.
As I was walking by her booth, I took the time to stop and introduce myself and thank her for inspiring my writing and presentations (despite the fact that I spilled a can of pop on the magazines at her booth – I was mortified). Read more of this post
March 24, 2010Posted by on
What FireCritic ended up with was some of the deepest, most endearing – and hilarious – compilations of how 14 of the most prolific firefighter/bloggers got their start in the fire service and what keeps them going. The carnival even includes my own story of how I was perhaps destined to be a firefighter because “It was in the cards.” Read more of this post
January 22, 2010Posted by on
The title of this discussion on FirefighterNation.com really caught my attention as I remember a lot of things as a kid — and many of them are related to the fire service.
This particular discussion revolves around the author’s childhood memories of hearing the fire siren sounding and then tuning to a particular AM station on his radio dial where they would broadcast the call location for all to hear. Read more of this post