- RT @GaryRyman: Fire In His Bones is out. Thx to @ChiefRubin & @Tiger15032 for comments. amazon.com/Fire-His-Bones… Get your copy today!| 5 months ago
- RT @GaryRyman: "The plot burns deep into the rubble of the firefighter's heart.." says @Tiger15032 Get yours today. amazon.com/Fire-His-Bones…| 5 months ago
- RT @BillyGoldfeder: FIGHT CANCER TUESDAY @FDIC. 2 GREAT EVENTS @FCSNnational @FFCancer @BobbyHalton @fireengineering @TheSecretList https:/…| 1 year ago
- I hope my firefighter friends can join me for a cone and a conversation tomorrow afternoon. @FFCancer #FDIC2016 ow.ly/d/4ESh| 1 year ago
- If never seen my #FromXboxtoBoxAlarm intro video or want to share with friend who wants to catch my act: ow.ly/ZSqdg #FDIC2016| 1 year ago
- Happy Valentines Day. For Laurie and I, it was “Love at first fire!” runtothecurb.wordpress.com/2012/06/29/lov…| 1 year ago
- Stay safe. Train often. Collect the whole set! tigerschmittendorf.com/by-definition/| 1 year ago
- RT @AJGeorgefire: Everything Photography is out! paper.li/AJGeorgefire/1… Stories via @RuntotheCurb @PreparedBC @TTCombatReady| 1 year ago
- There ain't no livin' like a live-in firefighter @Brightonfd: ow.ly/WSn84| 1 year ago
- From @TheFrontSeat ow.ly/UnvJj #RuntotheCurbKid| 1 year ago
Category Archives: VIDEO
February 11, 2013Posted by on
Two years ago, 2011 was my first year on the social media staff for the National Fallen Firefighters Foundation (NFFF) and, being my first time attending the Fallen Firefighters Memorial Service, I said afterwards that I was glad I was so caught up in the technology that I didn’t get caught up in all the emotion of it.
Last year, I wasn’t so lucky. I was tasked with interviewing and capturing the stories of the survivors about their firefighters.
Our goal was to capture 60-90 seconds of video for sharing via the Foundation’s various social media channels. Invariably, even if I talked to a particular survivor for 10 to 15 minutes, it wasn’t until the end or when I asked if they had anything else they’d like to share, if they had anything else they wanted people to know about their loved one — that the real gemstones of insight came out. Read more of this post
November 14, 2011Posted by on
I stumbled upon these videos while searching for another fire service related piece and thought they were cute. The first shows two twin boys running to the engine and gearing up for the big one while the second video shows an older boy waiting for his turn to really ride the big rig.
While neither video is certainly “professional grade,” they are both good reminders of what made each of us come to the fire service as Run-to-the-Curb kids and hopefully serve to motivate us to keep doing what we love to do.
I’m sure there are plenty more videos just like this out there on the web. Do you have a photo or video of your future firefighter gearing up to be a Run-to-the-Curb kid? We’d love to share it here.