- RT @Tiger15032: Nice to know that when @Clayunplugged appreciates a firefighter, he thinks of me. That means a lot. He's definitely a @Runt…| 5 months ago
- RT @GaryRyman: "The plot burns deep into the rubble of the firefighter's heart.." says @Tiger15032 @RuntotheCurb amazon.com/Fire-His-Bones…| 5 months ago
- I've interviewed most of their moms for @NFFF_News HeroTribute project: Strong women. Sad stories. twitter.com/BillyGoldfeder…| 5 months ago
- RT @firefighternews: Fire survivor thanks Utica firefighter rescuers - MyWebTimes.com dlvr.it/PHhMjs https://t.co/eZvYYCU…| 5 months ago
- Why We Should All Want to be a Fireman runtothecurb.wordpress.com/2017/06/01/why…| 5 months ago
- Dad’s Sidekick: Chief Brian Taylor runtothecurb.wordpress.com/2017/05/05/dad… https://t.co/aJoKc4jOzD| 6 months ago
- RT @GaryRyman: Fire In His Bones is out. Thx to @ChiefRubin & @Tiger15032 for comments. amazon.com/Fire-His-Bones… Get your copy today!| 1 year ago
- RT @GaryRyman: "The plot burns deep into the rubble of the firefighter's heart.." says @Tiger15032 Get yours today. amazon.com/Fire-His-Bones…| 1 year ago
- RT @BillyGoldfeder: FIGHT CANCER TUESDAY @FDIC. 2 GREAT EVENTS @FCSNnational @FFCancer @BobbyHalton @fireengineering @TheSecretList https:/…| 1 year ago
- I hope my firefighter friends can join me for a cone and a conversation tomorrow afternoon. @FFCancer #FDIC2016 ow.ly/d/4ESh| 1 year ago
Tag Archives: ANNUAL MEMORIAL WEEKEND
February 11, 2013Posted by on
Two years ago, 2011 was my first year on the social media staff for the National Fallen Firefighters Foundation (NFFF) and, being my first time attending the Fallen Firefighters Memorial Service, I said afterwards that I was glad I was so caught up in the technology that I didn’t get caught up in all the emotion of it.
Last year, I wasn’t so lucky. I was tasked with interviewing and capturing the stories of the survivors about their firefighters.
Our goal was to capture 60-90 seconds of video for sharing via the Foundation’s various social media channels. Invariably, even if I talked to a particular survivor for 10 to 15 minutes, it wasn’t until the end or when I asked if they had anything else they’d like to share, if they had anything else they wanted people to know about their loved one — that the real gemstones of insight came out. Read more of this post