- Join me for this @FireRecruiter Boot Camp in Syracuse NY-April 14, 2018 at Belgium-Cold Springs! @FirstArriving https://t.co/ysbVxxDgnL| 3 years ago
- 100 Y/O Woman recalls Volunteer Firefighting Experience! ow.ly/DAmr30j243P| 3 years ago
- Join @BobbyHalton and I at 8am-Tuesday-April 24 at @FDIC 2018 for my 4-hour pre-conference workshop: Create the Cal… twitter.com/i/web/status/9…| 3 years ago
- The Fire Service Sales Advantage runtothecurb.wordpress.com/2017/11/27/the… https://t.co/VAKNvMYMu1| 4 years ago
- RT @Tiger15032: Nice to know that when @Clayunplugged appreciates a firefighter, he thinks of me. That means a lot. He's definitely a @Runt…| 4 years ago
- RT @GaryRyman: "The plot burns deep into the rubble of the firefighter's heart.." says @Tiger15032 @RuntotheCurb amazon.com/Fire-His-Bones…| 4 years ago
- I've interviewed most of their moms for @NFFF_News HeroTribute project: Strong women. Sad stories. twitter.com/BillyGoldfeder…| 4 years ago
- RT @firefighternews: Fire survivor thanks Utica firefighter rescuers - MyWebTimes.com dlvr.it/PHhMjs https://t.co/eZvYYCU…| 4 years ago
- Why We Should All Want to be a Fireman runtothecurb.wordpress.com/2017/06/01/why…| 4 years ago
- Dad’s Sidekick: Chief Brian Taylor runtothecurb.wordpress.com/2017/05/05/dad… https://t.co/aJoKc4jOzD| 4 years ago
Tag Archives: dan frontera
September 2, 2012Posted by on
I just came home from responding to my third second-alarm fire of the week in my role as Deputy Fire Coordinator in the Erie County Department of Emergency Services and have a narrow window of opportunity to write this post. I’ve got about two hours to shower, shave, eat and then report to a law enforcement detail I’m assigned to until 3am. So here goes:
Earlier today I responded to an EMS call for a person with chest pains. Being assigned as Fire/Rescue only, I don’t typically respond to a ton of house calls but I try to help out at my fair share. Today, I was glad I did.
Upon returning to the station I went around to the administrative side of our building to check on the progress of our large parking lot paving project (large, as in square feet and dollars!). The contractors were just finishing the last section of new sidewalk around the perimeter of our assembly hall. Standing there with our President Geordie Sinclair and 53-year active member Angelo Rizzuto, I asked Geordie if I could write my initials in the corner of the concrete, just as I had done when the assembly hall and original sidewalk were built, in 1971.
I remember that event as if it were yesterday, recalling how the contractors paid a few of us neighborhood kids 25 or 50 cents a day to help them pick up materials and debris. I was 8-years old.
I thought that initialing the new sidewalk would only be appropriate, seeing as I’m still here, so many years later. It was then that Geordie reminded me that I have an important anniversary coming up this week. Read more of this post
November 4, 2011Posted by on
Please join me for a special Veterans Day tribute show on FirefighterStorytellers.com on Wednesday-November 9, 2011 at 9pm EST.
We’ll be joined by a few very special guests who are veterans of both the armed forces and the fire service — my favorite kind of two-hatter — including Vince Pupo Jr., a Marine, Fire Investigator and retired Fire Chief and Sheriffs Department Detective.
In addition to being a well-known fire service “character” — Vince has written and shared his experiences of his military service during the Vietnam War and now writes short stories and poems related to military life and post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) affecting veterans.
The show will be dedicated to Matt Kreiger, a fine young man from my volunteer fire company (Evans Center) who is recovering from being shot in the head while serving in Afghanistan earlier this year. We will also recognize the efforts of WNYHeroes.org — a local organization dedicated to elevating the status of our veterans from desperate back to decorated.
Please help us spread the news of this very special show by downloading, printing and distributing the show flyer and/or sharing a link on your Facebook page or other social network. We hope that you can join us.
Here’s a link to last year’s Veterans Day Special with Citizen-Soldier-Firefighgter Dan Frontera.
November 12, 2010Posted by on
Here’s the link to Dan’s show that aired November 10, 2010 titled: “The Story of a True Serviceman“
Dan Frontera grew up in the suburbs of Buffalo, NY in a family where service was a way of life. His father was a Veteran along with most of his uncles. His Dad and one uncle were both volunteer firemen.
So, it’s no surprise that Dan would follow his family’s example of service and grow up to be both a soldier and a firefighter. Soon after seeing the National Guard in action supporting his community during a blizzard in Buffalo and while still a senior in high school, Dan enlisted in the Army National Guard as a Medic.
November 10, 2010Posted by on
Dan Frontera grew up in the suburbs of Buffalo, NY in a family where community service was simply a way of life. His Dad was a Veteran along with most of his uncles. Both his Dad and one of his uncles were volunteer firemen too.
Dan grew up to be both a soldier and a firefighter. Tune in to Firefighter Storytellers at 9pm EST on Thursday-November 11, 2010 to hear Dan’s story as he and Tiger Schmittendorf celebrate the contributions of all service men and women in a special Veterans Day tribute.
Listen in, call in, download and follow Dan on his journey from Run-to-the-Curb kid to “Citizen. Soldier. Firefighter.”