- Dad’s Sidekick: Chief Brian Taylor runtothecurb.wordpress.com/2017/05/05/dad… https://t.co/aJoKc4jOzD| 3 weeks ago
- RT @GaryRyman: Fire In His Bones is out. Thx to @ChiefRubin & @Tiger15032 for comments. amazon.com/Fire-His-Bones… Get your copy today!| 6 months ago
- RT @GaryRyman: "The plot burns deep into the rubble of the firefighter's heart.." says @Tiger15032 Get yours today. amazon.com/Fire-His-Bones…| 6 months ago
- RT @BillyGoldfeder: FIGHT CANCER TUESDAY @FDIC. 2 GREAT EVENTS @FCSNnational @FFCancer @BobbyHalton @fireengineering @TheSecretList https:/…| 1 year ago
- I hope my firefighter friends can join me for a cone and a conversation tomorrow afternoon. @FFCancer #FDIC2016 ow.ly/d/4ESh| 1 year ago
- If never seen my #FromXboxtoBoxAlarm intro video or want to share with friend who wants to catch my act: ow.ly/ZSqdg #FDIC2016| 1 year ago
- Happy Valentines Day. For Laurie and I, it was “Love at first fire!” runtothecurb.wordpress.com/2012/06/29/lov…| 1 year ago
- Stay safe. Train often. Collect the whole set! tigerschmittendorf.com/by-definition/| 1 year ago
- RT @AJGeorgefire: Everything Photography is out! paper.li/AJGeorgefire/1… Stories via @RuntotheCurb @PreparedBC @TTCombatReady| 1 year ago
- There ain't no livin' like a live-in firefighter @Brightonfd: ow.ly/WSn84| 1 year ago
Run to the Curb!
November 26, 2009Posted by on
What kid doesn’t want to be a firefighter? Every time they hear a siren or see a fire engine race by, they run to the curb to see what’s going on. Thus, I call these future firefighters “Run to the Curb” type kids.
I was one of those kids and I bet you were one too. It’s something you never grow out of — and many of us chose to grow into it.
“Run to the Curb!” is a living document and possible online book project too. Here, I’ll share my experiences, my stories that have been writing themselves over my thirty years in the fire service —and my thoughts on our need to be better story tellers.
And, I want to hear your stories too. You can share your childhood experiences and your connections to the fire service and in doing so, share the brotherhood, history and traditions of the fire service with fellow firefighters — and those who wish they were.
Check back often as more stories are added and we build this legacy together.