- Missing a Mentor: What about Bob? runtothecurb.wordpress.com/2022/04/22/mis…| 1 month ago
- Join me for this @FireRecruiter Boot Camp in Syracuse NY-April 14, 2018 at Belgium-Cold Springs! @FirstArriving https://t.co/ysbVxxDgnL| 4 years ago
- 100 Y/O Woman recalls Volunteer Firefighting Experience! ow.ly/DAmr30j243P| 4 years ago
- Join @BobbyHalton and I at 8am-Tuesday-April 24 at @FDIC 2018 for my 4-hour pre-conference workshop: Create the Cal… twitter.com/i/web/status/9…| 4 years ago
- The Fire Service Sales Advantage runtothecurb.wordpress.com/2017/11/27/the… https://t.co/VAKNvMYMu1| 4 years ago
- RT @Tiger15032: Nice to know that when @Clayunplugged appreciates a firefighter, he thinks of me. That means a lot. He's definitely a @Runt…| 4 years ago
- RT @GaryRyman: "The plot burns deep into the rubble of the firefighter's heart.." says @Tiger15032 @RuntotheCurb amazon.com/Fire-His-Bones…| 4 years ago
- I've interviewed most of their moms for @NFFF_News HeroTribute project: Strong women. Sad stories. twitter.com/BillyGoldfeder…| 4 years ago
- RT @firefighternews: Fire survivor thanks Utica firefighter rescuers - MyWebTimes.com dlvr.it/PHhMjs https://t.co/eZvYYCU…| 4 years ago
- Why We Should All Want to be a Fireman runtothecurb.wordpress.com/2017/06/01/why…| 4 years ago
From the Halls of Hyattsville
February 14, 2011Posted by on
It may be a while before I have a chance to share all of the great stories and experiences I heard this weekend during my awesome bunk-in tour-of-duty with Hyattsville Volunteers but I didn’t want to delay in showing you the photos.
While we didn’t catch any real work, I still had a blast and gained a real education on and appreciation for bunk-in programs — especially theirs.
I also had the opportunity to tour College Park Volunteer Fire Department — a class act and great fire-dorm set-up — courtesy of Capt. Matt Machala who is rightly very proud of their program.
All of these young people are pretty impressive.
So until I can find the time to get to the real story, here are some photos — to paint a thousand words.